It’s really true. The eyes really are the windows to the soul.
Gaze deeply and directly into the eyes of your loved one. Many conflicting emotions will arise and pass away inside you. Different colors may come and go in your vision. Her face may change age and shape as you begin seeing her past lives. After all clears, you will see her brilliant, shining soul.
Image Credit: smcgee
Gazing is a very easy, extremely effective meditation method. It’s best done with a partner that you love and want to grow closer to. And it’s so simple.
- Sit facing your beloved friend.
- Look directly into her eyes.
- You cannot look away, but you must blink occasionally to moisten your eyes.
An hour is a good length of time to gaze together before taking a break. Anything over twenty minutes is effective. Using a timer like your cell phone alarm removes concern over passing time.
What You May Experience
As you look deeply into the eyes of your good friend, you may notice any or all of these events.
- Waves of emotions may arise inside you. Love, anger, sadness, fear and all of their combinations and forms can come and go. An emotional wave will rise up and, just when it seems unbearable, it will break and dissolve away. Then another wave slowly builds.
- Different colors come and go in your visual field as blocks inside both of you clear.
- Your friend’s face changes shape, age, sex and even ethnicity as you see her many personalities and lives.
- When all clears, maybe after many days of gazing, the pure, shining essence of her soul shines out brilliantly.
- Your souls merge into one being.
Your soul and your beloved’s soul fuse together in a brilliant, ecstatic orgasm of pure love that’s impossible to describe. It’s total, complete surrender into blissful love.
Four Symptoms of Releasing Negative Energies
All the suppressed emotions inside you and all your karma will be released by gazing. This release brings a wonderful lightness of being and clarity when it’s finished. Commonly, people express release in one or more of these four ways.
- Crying. Tears run from your eyes, washing away your suppressed pain.
- Yawning. You expel releasing energy through deep yawns.
- Belching. Deep issues come up from your abdomen.
- Farting. You pass gas to release blocks.
Please, do not try to stop any of these symptoms. The releasing energies are there because you suppressed them when they originally caused you pain many years or lifetimes ago. You will experience great relief and an increased ability to love when they’re gone.
What The Masters Say
Ramana Maharshi, one of India’s greatest Saints said, “When the eyes of the student meet the gaze of the teacher, words of instruction are no longer necessary.”
Ramana meant that all the deepest spiritual teachings are naturally inherent in the profound love that arises while gazing.
Rumi, the great Sufi teacher and poet, writes:
The patron of your eyes is God
Who is always alive and creating constantly
In another poem Rumi writes:
If you want to know God
Then turn your face to your friend
And don’t look away
The lovely, blindingly pure light of your joined souls is exactly the same energy as the soul of God from which your soul sprang so long ago. Dwelling in this essence of purity returns you to God.
Richard Crown left his native California for Asia more than thirty years ago. He began meditating with the Forest Monks of Northern Thailand, then discovered Krishna Kantha, a Thai Yoga teacher often called Thailand’s living Saint. Following Krishna’s advice, Richard went to South India where he has received authorization to teach from two different SatGurus.
Richard now teaches meditation in centers throughout Southeast Asia and worldwide via Skype/Tel. His favorite teaching tools are Shaktipat, Kundalini and Deeksha because these energies take students very deep into meditation very fast. You can take a personal online course with Richard at Shaktipat Meditation.
Download a free E-Book How to Meditate and Healand Enjoy a free 12-part meditation courseboth by Richard Crown.